Nun Matrona (Jepchirchir) from Kenya, tonsured by Metropolitan Leonid of Klin to the Lesser Schema on 4th January 2023, carries out her obedience at the Convent of the Nativity of the Most Holy Theotokos in Moscow. Sister Matrona shares the recipe for prosphoras, according to tradition of Russian Orthodox Church.
For a liturgical set of 5 prosphoras you need:
• wheat flour 1 kg,
• salt 15 g,
• dry yeast 3 g,
• water 550 ml.
Cutters and seals which you need:
• Cutter 11,5 cm, seal 10 cm for Lamb,
• Cutter 6,5 cm, seal 6 cm for serving prosphoras,
• Cutter 5,5 cm, seal 5 cm for Theotokos prosphora.
The weight of the prosphora dough you need:
• 500 g for Lamb,
• 150 g for serving prosphoras,
• 90 g for Theotokos prosphora.
Patriarchal Exarchate of Africa